CMBITALY – TECHNOILOGY manufactures complete refining lines for any type of oil and fat processing. The various sections composing the plant are designed and manufactured according to the most advanced technologies and provide maximum flexibility.
We particularly care about pollution reduction and low energy consumption by using the most innovative technologies and components available on the market.
Crude oils are neutralized either by chemicals and physical refining.
In the first case the fatty acids are steam stripped, whereas in the second case they are converted into soap with caustic soda.
Process is fully continuous and automated with all in-line controls and continuous measurement of the oil loss in the soapstock.
The plant is designed for utmost versatility, trouble-free operation and for coping with feedstock from the most different sources and with the widest range of acidity. The plant is composed of the following main sections:
Degumming and Neutralizing
COMBINED COLD NEUTRALIZING AND WINTERIZING
This plant has been designed mostly to process sunflower and corn oils. It allows to perform alkali neutralizing and winterizing in a single step only. The process is fully automatic and continuous.
BLEACHING AND FILTERING
The design of CMBITALY – TECHNOILOGY continuous bleaching plant is based on state-of-the-art technology in order to minimize the requirements of energy and bleaching earths, floor area and labor, and to obtain a final color that fully satisfies the market standards. This result is achieved by a continuous and accurate proportioning of the oil and bleaching earths, and a special bleacher design.
Oil / earths mixing can be by live steam or by mechanical agitation to have a better intimate contact between oil and bleaching earths. to increase performance and consumption reduce of bleaching earth.
The bleaching plant can be designed for dry degumming prior to Physical refining.
As an alternative to winterizing combined with neutralizing, CMBITALY – TECHNOILOGY has developed a winterizing system that allows to process almost any type of oil according to the most suitable cooling curve and under the most favorable conditions of temperature, time and agitation. The latter factors are of primary importance for the formation and nature of the crystals and for this reason a filter aid has to be used.
Fully automatic horizontal filters are provided for the removal of the solid phase from the crystallized mass.
DEODORIZING PHYSICAL REFINING
- Continuous operation or semi-continuous operation quick feedstock changeover with no substantial loss of operating time and with no risk of cross contamination;
- Very efficient mixing with oil and sparging steam thanks to special mammoth pumps;
- Low energy requirement;
- Heat recovery up to 80% achieved by the use of special heat exchanger;
- No pollution problems thanks to a structured packing vapor scrubber which allows to discharge the condensed water practically fat-free.
- Due to their characteristics, certain oils and fats, such as palm oil, palm kernel, coconuts oils, tallow, etc., they can have a deodorizing process but also a deacidification one in a single step. In some cases, this can be achieved after a very efficient degumming with sunflower oil, soybean, rapeseed, corn oils, etc.
- This process has the following advantages vs. alkali refining:
- Combined neutralizing and deodorizing thanks to a structured packing section
- Direct production of distilled fatty acids instead of soapstock
- Higher yield as no neutral oil is lost in the soapstock
COLD CONDENSING FOR VACUUM SYSTEM
For the Deodorizing and Physical Refining Unit, CMBITALY – TECHNOILOGY has developed a unique system where the use of surface condenser and chilled water dramatically reduce the water and steam consumption and consequently improve the quality and reduce the quantity of the discharged water up to 0 effluent. Process is very simple and doesn’t need the costly system normally used with ammonia direct expansion.